Re: [DotGNU]Development

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Development
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:24:05 +0530

If memory serves me right, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi there! I want to help with the development of this platform. Can you
> tell me where I must start?
> I know some programming languages(C, Java).

Get some code and start reading .... My preference would be for you to
start reading on the C# and C based Portable.net project ... On the other
hand, you could start on other stuff if you want to ...

For portable.net, get the stuff from either
http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/downloads.html or from the southern storm
site . And the install instructions should be straightforward ... Look
for methods marked [TODO] and fill in ...

You should take some time to get used to CSCC and to figure out the
clever stuff and the quirks of the framework ... It should be easy and
fairly un-complicated ... Queries can be directed to this list ...