Re: [DotGNU]Asynchronous Delegates and cscc

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Asynchronous Delegates and cscc
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:53:17 +1000

On Monday 17 February 2003 07:28 pm, Gopal V wrote:

> Does anyone know any documentation of this "see ." ?.

Section 13.6 of Partition II would be a good place to start.  You'll need to
modify cscc (CreateDelegateMember in cs_gather.c and
ILNode_DelegateMemberDeclaration in cs_decls.tc) to create the BeginInvoke
and EndInvoke methods with the right signatures and parameter attributes.
The codegen stuff should already be in place, so you shouldn't have to worry
about that.

Then you'll need to modify "lib_delegate.c" (_ILGetInternalDelegate) to handle
the internalcall stuff inside the engine.  The rest is a simple matter of
programming. :-)

> Provided that I can get the delegates in place ... the entire Async I/O
> might be made sync or async from AsyncResult.cs , creating a single
> point to fix when threading falls in place.

Seems reasonable.