Re: [DotGNU]Namespace handling in WriteStartElement in XmlTextWriter

From: minddog
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Namespace handling in WriteStartElement in XmlTextWriter
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 03:32:37 -0700

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 02:57, Thierry RAMANAMPANOHARANA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> WriteStartElement rejects the case where prefix or ns is the empty string
> when namespace=false. Shouldn't it be
> if(!namespaces && ((prefix != null && prefix != String.Empty) ||(ns != null
> && ns != String.Empty)))
>                               {
>                                       throw new ArgumentException
>
> (S._("Xml_NamespacesNotSupported"));
>                               }
> instead?
That's very interesting, the specs only say to throw the exception when prefix
or ns is null.   The rotor docs don't even specify throwing an
ArgumentException.  hrmm... sounds tempting to commit, but I'm trying to
figure out if there was a reason there was no check for String.Empty.

> I have a problem using the sources from CVS. The script configure in
> pnetlib fails to detect csant, cscc, etc, despite the fact I set
> --with-pnet=../pnet (where my pnet is). I fixed the problem by removing the
> colon from
>
> "for as_dir in $PNET_PATH/csant:${prefix}/bin:$PATH"
>
> for each tool it fails to locate. I also had to change
> as_executable_p="test -f" to as_executable_p="test -x".

something must be up with env variables =/

Thanks!
regards,
--
--minddog( Adam Ballai )

"I try to take it one day at a time, but several of them attack me at once."
-mistyflip