Re: [DotGNU]Getting the latest version?

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Getting the latest version?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 02:41:41 +1100

On 10-Mar-2003, James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> wrote:
> Wow! a denial of service attack!

Well, "attack" is putting it a bit too strongly... as the saying goes,
never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
incompetence :-)

> hey Fergus, did you check out my autostubber results for mercury?

Not until just now.  My social life this week-end has been interfering
with my email reading ;-)

It looks like the autostubber is for each DLL generating stubs for
every class *referenced* by that DLL, rather than just generating
stubs for classes *defined* by that DLL.  For example array.dll.il.cs
includes a definition for mercury.math.mercury_code, and so does
math.dll.il.cs.  That class is defined in math.dll not array.dll,
so presumably the stub for it should be defined only in math.dll.il.cs.

But I guess that is another problem with generating C# stubs:
C# doesn't permit circular references, does it?
So if the DLLs that you are trying to generate stubs for
have interfaces which depend on each other in a cyclic manner,
as is the case for the Mercury DLLs, it might cause problems.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit