Re: [DotGNU]Decompiler help needed.....

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Decompiler help needed.....
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:25:52 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> On Thursday 13 March 2003 10:10 pm, Nargis Anjaria wrote:
> > hello.. i m working on .Net Decompiler that will input and exe file and
> > will generates its equivalent C# file..its similar to Salamander...

I think Saurik had something like that called Exemplar or Anakrino (I
don't remember it correctly ...) . It was in VC++ and I did not test it
or anything. But there seems to be something there.

> 2. Load the .exe with ILLoadImage or something similar, and then walk
>    the data structures defined in pnet/engine/il_program.h to extract
>    the information you want.  The ildasm code can serve as a guide.

Hmmm... -lILImage is not working for me ?. But linking directly from
the .a files work ?.

> The second is easier in some ways.  Most of the hard work of breaking program
> components out into useful data structures is already done.

Here's an example ... if it helps you in any way :-)

And in case you set about loop detection for the program , please
do make the algorithm available (and if possible fast :-)