Re: [DotGNU]Bugs to the list

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Bugs to the list
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:32:33 +0530

If memory serves me right, Ian Game wrote:
> failed under cygwin a week back. Today, after doing an update from CVS
> there appears to be no problem so somebody must have fixed it (maybe
> inadvertantly?).

Uncaught exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Array position or
length is out of range
Parameter name: byteCount
        at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.InternalGetChars(Byte[], Int32, Int32,
Char[], Int32, UInt32&, UInt32&, Boolean, Boolean) in
./System/AssemblyLoadEventArgs.cs
        at System.Text.UTF8Decoder.GetChars(Byte[], Int32, Int32, Char[],
Int32) in ./System/Text/UTF8Encoding.cs:967
        at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadChars() in ./System/IO/StreamReader.cs:313
        at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine() in ./System/IO/StreamReader.cs:432
        at FooBar.ReadFile()
        at FooBar.Main()

For me even with today's cvs ...

(though I cannot possibly imagine where that AssemblyLoadEventArgs came from)

> Have I got this right? If so, where should I look for  open bugs to
> attempt to fix please?

Savannah is the right place to look for bugs , but though the trend is
more towards finding your own to fix :-)