Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 07:20:50 +1000

On Saturday 29 March 2003 11:17 pm, you wrote:
> Rhys,
>
> I have created a readme file for the windows
> distribution. when you get a chance take a look at it
> and let me know if it looks ok. I want to include it
> in the installer I'm creating. Here is what it would
> look like:

Looks OK, although I'm not sure why "c:\pnet\lib\cscc\lib" needs to be on the
path - it only contains IL assemblies which ilrun/cscc should already know
how to locate.  Putting them on the path may confuse a pre-existing
installation of the MS .NET Framework SDK.

> Also I have built the Version 0.5.3 of PNET and 0.2.3
> of treecc. Can I get PNET 0.5.3 & treecc from the cvs
> or should I download and build the copy you have
> posted on sothern-storm.com ?

For releases, you should use the tarballs, since the CVS version doesn't stay
still for very long.