Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released

From: Jonathan Springer
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:30:15 -0500

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 04:48 PM, Rhys Weatherley wrote:

On Sunday 30 March 2003 07:24 am, Rhys Weatherley wrote:

Actually, Jonathan Springer's bad ... he added some extra quoting to the cpp command-line in "cscc/c_main.c" to work around some MacOSX thing, and it looks like it has broken all other platforms. I'm not sure why the quoting is necessary in "c_main.c", as "ILSpawnProcess" should really take care of
such issues.

Nuts. It's been compiling on my Debian machine without problems. I'll look into the ILSpawnProcess correction as you suggest, Rhys. The prime problem is that the darwin cpp does not see command lines such as "-D__SYMBOL__=long long" as a single argument. Thus failure in invoking cpp and cscc goes belly-up.

This will need a change to pnet to fix - do people want this change in 0.5.4,
or can I put it in CVS and say "use the CVS version" if anyone asks?

The group's call. I'm just trying to keep MacOS X running cscctest cleanly. Sorry for the problems. :-(

Regards,
-js