Re: [DotGNU]Abdabi

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Abdabi
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:39:11 +0200 (CEST)

Peter Minten <address@hidden> wrote:

> Abdabi is on our todo list, but AFAIK not much technical work has
> been put into it.

This is correct... in fact I have decided that in view of all the
anti-software-patents advocacy that I'm doing, I need to be a bit
careful to put some defenses in place to protect my personal assets
from harassment by patent infringement lawsuits.  (Not that I'd
expect Abdabi to infringe on any patents, but there are so many
patents out there with ridicuously broad claims that it's better to
put some protection in place).  So I'm going to create an "Abdabi
Foundation", and I'll not do any technical work on Abdabi until I
can do so as an employee of "Abdabi Foundation".  The current status
is that my CPA has completed researching what it takes to set up
such a foundation (I go that phone call today.)

I'll respond to your email when I'm ready :-)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/
Free Software Business Strategy Guide   --->  http://FreeStrategy.info