Re: [DotGNU]Signing Webservices ?

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Signing Webservices ?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:05:09 -0700 (PDT)

Just some thoughts as well :

1. Internal data structures, internal apis, these are going to have a
different license than the public apis?

2. As to the validity of a function for execution, is is possible to
make function calls that are checked by the dotgnu runtime?

3. The penalty for loading must be on the startup, when a webservice is
registered to run, the validity must be established. The signing idea
is good.

Basically the person running the server must trust the person writing
the webservice. That means like a browser operator who accepts a
certificate, the server admin must accept the certificate of the
program that is to be executed.

The idea is that certain functions in the program are run under
different trust levels.... That is something that is supposed to be
provided by SEE?

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont