[DotGNU]Calling C

From: Chris Smith
Subject: [DotGNU]Calling C
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:44:36 +0100

I guess this is for Rhys and Gopal - usuall is :o)

I know I've asked this before, but this question has suddenly got wider
implications if we think about running on windows.

I'm trying to integrate gpg signatures into the dgmx creation and processing.
This _may_ be done from the DGEE administration tool, which is being written
in C#, so I'll need to hook down into the gpgme C libs.

So what is the most appropriate mechanism for doing this with pnet
PInvoke or that internalCall technique Gopal was talking about?
I'm concerned with cross-platform-ness here (assuming gpgme is cross platform
too).

Also, I need to allow certain webservices access to the goldwater API - which
means swiging them for python/perl, and the same mechanism above for pnet..

Again I'm only really concerned with pnet here - but less so with respect to
windows as dgee is not windows-portable yet.

So what's concensus? Pinvoke my libs or internalCall - internalCall is more
efficient isn't it?

Chris "Ready to Wrap!"

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.