Re: [DotGNU]questions about the code

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]questions about the code
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 21:22:59 +0530

If memory serves me right, imateos wrote:
> 1) I would like to obtain the CVM bytecode generated when I'm running a
> C# application. It is possible? Or I may modify the interpreter, to
> print it?

As gkumar said ,  IL_CVM_DUMP ..

> 2) How is determinated if a sequence of CVM bytecode could be unrolled?

Personally I would love it if x86 code generated by the engine could be
obtained to test such things as unrollers in sync with the CVM bytecode.

Ie

CVM code
x86 code (and jump back to cvm)
CVM code

ie
COP_PREFIX_IS_WHITESPACE
-> x86 Dump of if(stackTop) { count++; }
COP_PREFIX_STRING_APPEND_CHAR
etc ..

But currently you can use the UNROLL_DEBUG in unroll_<arch>.c to
obtain the assembly dump of the various unrolled sections ...

Personally I would like to know the actual efficency of conversion
to x86 ... Currently only a small amount of code is actually converted
as the call instructions are not unrolled ... At least that's what I
think.