Re: [DotGNU]Adding line numbers to the execption stack :

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Adding line numbers to the execption stack :
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:31:44 +1000

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 08:21 am, James Michael DuPont wrote:

> I am trying to find the functions responsable for creating the
> stackdump :
> _IL_StackFrame_GetExceptionStackTrace (thread=0x80fdfc0) at
> lib_diag.c:422

Stack traces are inserted into the exception object at the point of throw
using "SetExceptionStackTrace" in "cvm_except.c".  This function calls
"_IL_StackFrame_GetExceptionStackTrace" to get the stack details.  At this
point, the information is recorded, but not printed.

> But is seems that the culprit for the stacktrace is this one :
> void ILExecThreadPrintException(ILExecThread *thread)

This prints the stack trace for exceptions that are uncaught when the program
exits.  It will attempt to use "obj.ToString()" to dump the stack trace.
Sometimes this will fail because "ToString()" itself throws an exception.  In
that case, a last-ditch attempt is made to display the source of the
exception using C code.