Re: [DotGNU]Treecc help required

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Treecc help required
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 07:27:51 +1000

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 11:07 pm, CH Gowri Kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is it possible to add our own code into the *create functions
> which are created by the treecc (through some option).

It isn't possible to augment what happens in "create".  I would normally
define a helper function which calls the create routine and performs the
additional work afterwards.

In your case, you appear to be creating a doubly linked list with an extra
dummy head node.  Why not dispense with the dummy head and use "head = NULL"
and "tail = NULL" to indicate an empty list?  Then the default treecc
"create" logic will properly initialize the list.

> %option no_allocator
>
> seems to be saying something abt. it, but not too sure
> it that's useful here.

no_allocator allows you to replace yynodealloc, yynodeclear, etc with your own
versions.  It isn't relevant to what you're trying to do, since node
allocation happens at a much lower level than the "create" functions.

Treecc tries to solve the common case uniformly and well.  So sometimes it can
be a little annoying for the less common cases.