Re: [DotGNU]How do you simulate an inner class in C#?

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]How do you simulate an inner class in C#?
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 14:18:05 +0530

If memory serves me right, Mohan Embar wrote:
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/second_edition/html/classes.doc.html#262890

Which is long & protracted  ... I don't really have that much buffer space
up here :-(

> Yes. Every (non-static) inner class has what is known as an
> "outer this" reference that the compiler magically factors in in
> the same way a C++ compiler factors in a this pointer for
> non-static methods.

So the inner classes are inaccessible from outside ? (unlike nested
classes ?)

> I guess that would depend on the compiler :)

Like, I'm thinking about having an extra arg for each inner class
constructor (just like ^Tum suggested you to emulate) and pull the
"this" reference from wherever it's called and push into "parent" ?.

I'll investigate using the bytecode jikes generates ...

Thanks,