[DotGNU]Winforms StatusBar

From: Simon Guindon
Subject: [DotGNU]Winforms StatusBar
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:54:14 -0400

Ok so I've hit a little bit of an implementation wall trying to
implement StatusBar.  The problem is in the StatusBarPanelCollection, it
inherits from IList, ICollection, Ienumerable.

Ilist requires it to implement the Add(object) and such methods, but if
you look at the MSDN docs, there is no such thing, it has
Add(StatusBarPanel).

So I decided to implement both, it compiles fine, but in the designer it
does not react properly, when you use designer to add panels it adds it
as Object and that's wrong because now you can't adjust the correct
properties because their not exposed.  If I don't implement the
Add(object) method it just complains because it needs to be implemented.
So how do I get around this?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon Guindon