Re: [DotGNU]PInvoke question...

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PInvoke question...
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:52:49 +0530

If memory serves me right, Mark Easton wrote:
> winelib installed on my MacOS X box, so when I run it with ilrun, I get
> the following error message:

Does wine work on OS X ?.... I thought it was only for x86 ?... Binary
compatiblity and all that sort of thing ?

> libadvapi32.dylib: could not load dynamic library
> (NSObjectFileImageAccess)

pnet/support/dynlib.c:73
                        case NSObjectFileImageFormat:
                                msg = " (NSObjectFileImageFormat)"; break;
                        case NSObjectFileImageAccess:
                                msg = " (NSObjectFileImageAccess)"; break;
                        default:
                                msg = ""; break;
                }
                fprintf(stderr, "%s: could not load dynamic library%s\n", name,
msg);

does that answer your question ?

> Now my code has a pair of try catch blocks that wrap all access to
> RegistryKey so what I'm wondering is why I'm getting the above error
> message rather than getting a DllNotFoundException or TypeLoadException
> exception being raised?

If you really want to avoid seeing this ... we could put the fprintf
in some sort of #ifdef DYNLIB_DEBUG or something ... Personally I
kinda like to see some verbose output (especially when remote-debugging
via email ;) rather than "Ok, it does nothing ... now what do I do ?"
mails ...

And you should be getting a MissingMethodException there ...