RE: [DotGNU]How to participate

From: Rich Baumann
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]How to participate
Date: 14 Jul 2003 04:36:25 -0400

Hi,

        Traditionally there are three ways to start contributing to DotGNU. The
first is to install the programs of one or more of the sub-projects (e.g
Portable.NET, or the dgee), then try to break them. When you find that
something doesn't work you should complain a lot. Chances are that we're
all too busy (or lazy) to fix it, so you should then fix it yourself,
submit a patch, and get it reviewed. The second way to start
contributing is to grep the source of whichever sub-project you're most
interested in and look for TODOs. When you find them, fix them. The
third way is to start a new DotGNU sub-project; this is probably a bad
idea, and should only be attempted if you're capable of doing it all
yourself.

Welcome to DotGNU,
Rich