Re: [DotGNU]problem connecting to CVS

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]problem connecting to CVS
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:24:31 +0530

If memory serves me right, Gnanavel S wrote:
> I wanted to get the PNet 0.5.10 from the CVS,

That's pnet 0.5.9 :) .... pnet in CVS always has an odd minor version
When it is released it becomes 0.5.10 and CVS changes to 0.5.11 ...
So this ensures that release versions are never confused with CVS
compiled versions...

> I tried the following line to connect to CVS but I get error :)
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet login
> CVS password: <enter>
> Unknown host subversions.gnu.org.

Can you ping subversions.gnu.org ?

To be more accurate , are you using this from a public network or from
inside a college/company/school network ?.. The latter case may have
firewalls or proxies.

Subversions.gnu.org has instructions some firewall avoidance techniques
in their CVS information pages, but proxied systems are almost impossible
to handle this way.

IIRC ajmitch has debs built daily ... maybe you could pull those and
"alien" them ? (find the 'alien' program for deb->rpm)