[DotGNU]Re: [arch-users] In defense of (the idea of) having an XML-RPC a

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [arch-users] In defense of (the idea of) having an XML-RPC api
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 04:16:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Karel Gardas <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, James Michael DuPont wrote:
>
> > Tom,
> >
> > I think you are dissing me with these statements.
> > Please have positive contributions or criticism. Random was not my
> > selection. Adding uris is just not in there. The design of this api
> > have been thinking about a long time.
>
> OK, criticism is:
>
> Whole WebServices idea is overhyped, reinvent a wheel, idea commint
> from
> M$ just to `invent' yet another middleware to attack their
> competitors.
>
> Don't you remember? COM, DCOM, WebServices, DIME. M$ is simply
> changing
> their platform every 2-3 years and pissing off thier customers. Yeah,
> admire naivity of some of their users expecting ``really new
> exciting''
> technology from this company.
>
> The only sad, is that so many people in free software movement leave
> into
> this trap. :-(
>
> Yep, the only possitive think is that they have their freedom!

Please re-read my mails, and look into dotgnu again.
The dotgnu system supports multiple transports. We will have the
possibilty to use other middleware tools when integrated.

Dotgnuers, please support me on this one, I need som aurguments here.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/