Re: [DotGNU]Dotgnu written in C#?

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Dotgnu written in C#?
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 23:57:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- j_post <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Friday 08 August 2003 03:37 pm, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> >
> > We are talking about refactoring and transformation.
> > Why cannot we replace a struct in c with a class in c#?
>
> You can. All UTM (Turing complete) languages are equivalent (Kleene's
>
> Theorem). But what's the point? Well written code is well written
> code
> regardless of the language used, and crap is crap in any language.
> (BTW,
> Sturgeon's Law applies: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".)

The point is this :

1. C# expresses the pointers and memory handling explicity, that allows
for a newbie to make less mistakes.
2. A C program transformed partially into a C# programs with an pnet/C
implementation

> > I have 10 years of industry experience.
> >
> The statement means nothing. Some people have 10 years experience,
> others
> have 1 year experience 10 times. FWIW, I have over 20 years industry
> experience, Gopal V. has zero (AFAIK), but I tip my hat to him any
> day--the
> man has phenomenal talent, proven by actual, real, working code.
> Results
> matter, all else is fluff.

Yes. I know that you have not seem much from me on dotgnu, most of my
work goes into the introspector project, even then, I am not rewriting
xml parsers or gettext functions, but creating interfaces to programs
like the gcc.

Alot of fluff? maybe? .
the code that I write is treating program code as data. The programs
that manipulate that data can be written in shell, perl, n3, c# and
c++, that is not as impressive as one huge chunk of C code.

My goals are long term and I am working towards them steadily, we will
see what you say when the pnet interfaces to the introspector are done,
this year.

My point is that richard  calling this idea the stupidist he has ever
heard is showing his lack of industry experience. The industry is full
of tools for code revererse engineering and transformations, the free
software world does not have so many products.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/