[DotGNU]DGEE Build Testing Help

From: Chris Smith
Subject: [DotGNU]DGEE Build Testing Help
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:20:46 +0100

With the approaching DotGNU 0.1 release it would be extremely useful if people
with a spare moment on their hands could get the latest DGEE CVS and have a
go at installing and using it.

Things we're primarily interested in are:

1. Does the configuration and installation go smoothly?
2 Was there anything special that you needed to do?
3. Is the documentation sufficient?
4. Does it work?

It would be good if various flavours of Linux/BSD could be tried.
OS X is a no-go at the moment due to poor Mach ipc support.... I've a fix in
the works for this :o)

Hopefuly with some feedback we can tidy up the documentation and correct any
build problems before the release.

Requirements are:
phlib                        -- http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/goldwater
goldwater                 -- http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/goldwater
readline header files
expat
(See the 'Getting Started' section under
http://wiki.dotgnu.org/DotGNUExecutionEnvironment )

Get the DGEE from http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/dgee

I've update the DGEE CVS so that the most recent version is now at the head.
The README, QUICKSTART and FAQ files in the DGEE src tree will help!

Regards,
Chris