RE: [DotGNU]hi all , new member want to help

From: Neil Cawse
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]hi all , new member want to help
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:56:08 -0400

Thanks, we need all the help we can get..

The System.Windows.Forms stuff is great fun to do because its broken
into smallish units (each control) and its rewarding to see it working.

Start with one of the smaller controls - I would recommend something
like
*numericUpDown
*one of the common dialogs
*DateTime picker

If you have some special skills, let us know..

Let the list know what you are working on.
Read all the readme's and hacking docs in pnetlib.
Take a look at an existing control to get an idea how we are doing
things.
Don't be scared to mail me or the list for help or recommendations.
You might end up rewriting your first control once you figure out the
best way to do things - I did that!
Make sure you add a tab to FormsTest.cs as your test case - and so we
can see all your hard work!

If you are developing using Visual Studio:
*you can download an older version of the pnetlib project from my
website http://pnet.homelinux.org
(Ill update this to 0.1 as soon as we release.)
*Get a windows cvs client (I recommend tortoise cvs).

Follow the website instructions http://www.dotgnu.org/ for cvs.

Put your patches on savannah
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/dotgnu-pnet/

Have fun!!