[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.6.2 released
[DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.6.2 released
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:22:39 +1000
Portable.NET 0.6.2 and Treecc 0.2.8 have been released:
Web Page: http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html
A huge number of changes have happened this cycle, and this brief introduction
cannot do them justice. See the attached NEWS entries for the full details.
The System.Windows.Forms implementation is moving ahead by leaps and bounds,
thanks in large part to the efforts of Neil Cawse.
The signed MD5 checksums are at the end of this message.
Portable.NET 0.6.2 (3 January 2004)
* Fix the addresses in the unroll debug dump (Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann).
* Correct StdRead return value (Stephen Compall).
* Pass environment variables to child processes.
* Fix "WaitForExit" timeouts, to prevent scheduler overload.
* Internalcalls for the new console implementation.
* Internalcalls for the new serial port classes.
* Allow relative paths in PInvoke module names.
* Recognise method pointers as type-I values in the verifier (Gopal V).
* File locking support (Stephen Compall).
* Add the RIPEMD-160 digest algorithm.
* Sign-extend 8-bit and 16-bit values during PInvoke, because some
versions of "libffi" set the high bits to garbage.
* Proper marshalling of "float" and "double" parameters for delegates.
* Internalcalls to support symbolic links.
* Handle "*" and "&" in "Type.GetType" (Tony Garnock-Jones).
* Implement "StructureToPtrInternal".
* Fix endianess issues when converting the "hostent" address fields.
* Ignore the target object when invoking a static method (Gopal V).
* Handle keywords like "get", "add", "where", etc in a different
way to make it easier to add more such keywords in the future.
* New syntax for C# 2.0 features (semantics not complete yet).
* Fix segv conditions in "GetIndexerName".
* Fix fall-through handling for "switch" statements (Gopal V).
* Static field accesses in the reflection routines.
* InfoMethods.GetProcessorCount internalcall.
* Inline IntPtr and pointer operations to avoid unnecessary runtime
calls to explicit operators (speeds up PInvoke-using code).
* Report an error if "float" or "double" is used in a profile
that does not have "System.Single" or "System.Double".
* Resolve local constants in attribute arguments.
* Increment and decrement operators for pointer operands.
* Bug in "sizeof" that caused it to always return a size of 1.
* Make line numbers work on versions of yacc that don't define
the YYLTYPE macro (Gopal V).
* Fix the grammar's handling of "(X *)y" cast forms.
* Fix "a->b" assignment, which was leaving values on the stack
when it should not have been.
* Allow explicit casts between IntPtr and pointer types.
Loader and Metadata:
* Look for system libraries in CSCC_LIB_PATH before local overrides,
to avoid the need for "pnetlib.here" style hacks.
* Look in version-specific subdirectories for assemblies, to allow
multiple versions to exist side by side.
* Add some support for object files that have a ".cormeta" section.
* Implement recursive assembly loading.
* Dynamic loading for modules.
* Set an exported type's scope correctly.
* Resolve exported type references to files.
* Support for Win32 resources.
* Add the "-l" option to "resgen" to perform Latin1 to UTF-8 conversion.
* Add the "/compile" and "-compile" flags for backwards compatibility.
* Pad resource sections correctly.
* Fix some bugs in the handling of ".po" files in "resgen".
* Add the "--extract" option to help with extracting resource files
from an assembly.
* Fix some alignment issues in the reading and writing of binary resources.
* Perform profiles options to have non-boolean values.
* Add the <resgen> and <reslink> tags, to support resource building.
* Add the "--install" and "--uninstall" options, using "ilgac".
* Check the "if" attribute on <file> tags.
* Platform abstractions for consoles and serial ports.
* Use the static version of "libz" under Win32 to avoid introducing
an unnecessary dependency upon "mgwz.dll".
* Fixes for AIX and strict ANSI C compilers (Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann).
* Check for "LC_ALL" before "LANG".
* Update the Unicode character tables to match Unicode 4.0.1.
* Dump the assembly version in the detailed output mode of "ilsize".
* Add the "ilgac" program to assist with version-specific installs.
* Dump versions, file, and resource delcarations from "ildd".
* Add the "-r" option to "ildd", to recursively print dependencies.
* Modify "clrwrap" so that it can implicitly get the name of the
program to run from "argv", which allows "clrwrap" to be used
without an explicit wrapper script.
* Update "missing" so that it is no longer "too old or missing".
* Fix unqualified types in the IL examples (Gopal V).
* Dump the VS_VERSION_INFO block in "ildasm".
pnetlib 0.6.2 (3 January 2004)
System.Windows.Forms & System.Drawing:
* Many new tests in FormsText (Neil Cawse).
* Image drawing (Neil Cawse).
* General improvements to the Win32 toolkit (Neil Cawse).
* Improve control border drawing (Neil Cawse).
* ListBox (Brain Luft).
* PictureBox (Simon Guindon, Neil Cawse).
* Fix flicking of TabControl (Neil Cawse).
* Support for the ResX resource classes (Neil Cawse).
* ComboBox (Neil Cawse).
* Implement VisibleClipBounds, TransformPoints (Neil Cawse).
* String format alignment (Thomas Fritzsche).
* Dialog box support in the Form class (Rhys Weatherley).
* MessageBox (Rhys Weatherley).
* Flesh out some of the file dialogs - not finished yet (Rhys Weatherley).
* Layout helper classes for building system dialogs (Rhys Weatherley).
* String drawing and measurement fixes (Neil Cawse).
* More accurate ellipse and arc drawing (H. Jones).
* Key navigation and focus (Neil Cawse).
* Add the correct IDispose pattern to toolkit objects (Neil Cawse).
* Color fixes to scrollbar drawing (Rhys Weatherley).
* Implement texture brushes (Rhys Weatherley, Neil Cawse).
* Glyph drawing, to simplify drawing of radio buttons, check marks,
caption buttons, etc (Rhys Weatherley).
* Logic errors in the button classes (Rhys Weatherley).
* Reduce button flicker (Rhys Weatherley).
* DefaultThemePainter.DrawGrid (Neil Cawse).
* Fix ControlPaint.Lighten and ControlPaint.Darken (Neil Cawse).
* TreeView (Neil Cawse).
* Use the correct form of "GetManifestResourceStream" for icons and
bitmaps, to include the namespace (Rhys Weatherley).
* Performance improvements (Neil Cawse).
* Text alignment improvements for buttons (Rhys Weatherley).
* Window manager hints for the Win32 toolkit (Neil Cawse).
* Window manager hints for the Xsharp toolkit (Rhys Weatherley).
* MDI support (Rhys Weatherley).
* Clipboard, DataFormats (Rhys Weatherley).
* Curses (Rhys Weatherley).
* XOR brushes (Rhys Weatherley).
* ScrollableControl (Gopal V).
* System.Drawing.Postscript (Richard Baumann).
* Get the file dialog to the point of basic usability (Rhys Weatherley).
* MonthCalendar (Gopal V).
* Data properties in System.Windows.Forms.Application (Rhys Weatherley).
* Application embedding support using XC-APPGROUP.
* Add the correct version information to build libXsharpSupport.dll
* Speed up event dispatching by using a faster hash algorithm.
* Fix some deadlocks in the finalization of pixmaps and widgets.
* Call "OnResize" from an idle timer on top-level windows, to prevent
the event queue from becoming overwhelmed by opaque resizing.
* Streamline event member accesses to avoid too many property calls.
* Optimize for the 16bpp-LSBFirst and 24bpp-MSBFirst image cases.
* "Wakeup" signals in Xsharp.
* XFontStruct and direct PCF font rendering.
* Add explicit PCF fonts to render the default Winforms appearance.
* Complain loudly if the non-X version of "libXsharpSupport.so" is found.
* Close top-level windows when Alt+F4 is received.
* Re-entering the main loop from an event handler, for dialogs.
* Window hints for dialogs, modality, min/max sizes, icons, etc.
* Conform to freedesktop.org standards where applicable.
* Fix clipping of icons that are drawn somewhere other than (0, 0).
* MDI support.
* Beginnings of ICE/DCOP support.
* Support for Invalidate/Update.
* Fixed a bug that caused 1bpp images to only display every second pixel.
* Loading odd BMP formats in DotGNU.Images (Neil Cawse).
* Rescaling of images in DotGNU.Images (Neil Cawse).
* Fixes to icon and BMP image loading code (Neil Cawse).
* Calculation of transparency masks (Gopal V).
* Image loading of PNG, JPEG, and GIF files.
* Fix the icon writer to match the icon reader.
* More pixel formats in "GetPixel" (Richard Baumann).
* Add string resources for German and Catalan.
* Increment character count properly in "TextReader" (Stephen Compall).
* Extended console and serial port routines from .NET Framework 1.2.
* A number of small .NET Framework 1.2 classes in various places.
* System.Collections.Generic namespace.
* Flesh out Uri.IsPrefix (Joe Boese).
* Add the DotGNU.Terminal assembly, which provides readline functionality.
* Update profiles for 1.2, add a 1.1-only profile.
* Build changes for resources and assemblies to take advantage of
new features in csant.
* Updates to calendars to match .NET Framework 1.2, including the
Jalaali and UmAlQura calendars.
* Make sure that the class constructor is run before a static field
is accessed via reflection.
* HTTP authentication, redirects, and proxies (Gopal V).
* Fix some bugs in System.Xml (Adam Ballai).
* Bug fixes to the routines in TypeDescriptor.
* Fix to "MoveNext" when enumerating an XML NodeList.
* Add the recursive System -> System.Xml dependency.
* Handle DateTime formats like "yyyyMMdd" properly.
* Populate SetupInformation for the current AppDomain.
* Add the "AssemblyAttributesGoHere" classes, even though they shouldn't
exist, to fake out programs built with Microsoft's assembler.
* Configuration for the diagnostics routines.
* Fix out of tree builds.
* Cryptography classes for .NET Framework 1.2.
* Support for symbolic links and lnk files.
* Recursive lock-up in I18N when getting the current culture.
* Add GNUTLS support to DotGNU.SSL.
* Rearrange the "samples" directory to reduce clutter.
* System.Design stubs (Adam Ballai).
* Array serialization.
* Bugs in ResourceReader and ResourceWriter.
* Fill in some missing TODO's in remoting.
pnetC 0.6.2 (3 January 2004)
* Use the new assembly cache for installations.
* Fix the "missing" script.
ml-pnet 0.6.2 (3 January 2004)
* Use "ilgac" to install assemblies correctly into the cache.
* Fix the "missing" script.
* Mono.Cairo, System.Data.SqlXml, System.Data.ObjectSpaces.
* Mono.Security, Mono.Security.Win32, Novell.Directory.Ldap.
* System.Security, System.DirectoryServices, Mono.Data.SqliteClient.
* Mono.Data.SybaseClient, Mono.Data.TdsClient.
treecc 0.2.8 (3 January 2004)
* Add the "base_type" option (Gopal V).
* Don't put trailing commas on enums because strict ANSI C
does not allow trailing commas (Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann).
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.6.2 released,
Rhys Weatherley <=