[DotGNU]C program, ILExecProcessLoadFile and Assembly.Load

From: David Podhola
Subject: [DotGNU]C program, ILExecProcessLoadFile and Assembly.Load
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:16:52 +0100

Hi all,

I have build a small C program that is able to host a pnet runtime. Using all
the magic around and ILExecProcessLoadFile with something like
"/tmp/engine.dll" and then ILExecThreadCallV I can even call methods in my
engine.dll and everything works as supposed.
The problem starts when I want to load another assembly from my engine.dll. If
Assembly.Load is called, it always finished with
System.BadImageFormatException, although the image is of course a valid pnet
dll. The stack is as follows:

System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable or library
"/tmp/tmp.dll" is invalid
        at System.Reflection.Assembly.ThrowLoadError(String, Int32) in
./System/Reflection/Assembly.cs:293
        at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String, Assembly) in
./System/Reflection/Assembly.cs:344
        at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String) in
./System/Reflection/Assembly.cs:306
        at Robik.Wrapper.Process(String[]) in ./Wrapper.cs:26

What am I doing wrong? :-)

Thanks,

David Podhola