Re: [DotGNU]New project announcement - libjit

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]New project announcement - libjit
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 02:15:10 -0700 (PDT)

I think lightning is just an assembly/CPU abstraction
like the md_* abstraction pnet already has.

It is not a JIT abstraction like libjit. ie take
trees/3 address codes and allow to run it .

Lightning could be a backend for libjit, not a
replacement. libjit should handle all
optimisation/liveness analysis and other black magic
to be done for fast execution.

Thats just my understanding.
Gopal
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > While on sabbatical from pnet, I've been coding
feverishly on a new project
> > under the DotGNU banner called "libjit"
>
> How does libjit differ from GNU Lightning?
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/lightning/>
>
> --
> Fergus Henderson                    |  "I have
always known that the pursuit
>                                     |  of excellence
is a lethal habit"
> WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh>  |     -- the