Re: [DotGNU]Libjit x86 back end enabled

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Libjit x86 back end enabled
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:18:14 +1000

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 08:52 pm, Mike Aubury wrote:
> Is there any chance at all of ever getting a very basic/simplified C
> compiler frontend  to hook onto this rather than the Pascal one ?
> Only - I have a project that this would be absolutely perfect for...

I actually used Pascal instead of C on purpose, so as not to get distracted by
the language front end implementation.  I wanted to focus my efforts on the
libjit core.  C is a pretty quirky language to compile, and the libc
necessary to perform even simple tasks is far from trivial.

But anything is possible.  If someone else wants to take on this task, then I
won't say no to adding it to the tree.

You might want to check out CINT, an interpreter for C that has been around
for a while: "http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html";.  It may be easier to plug
libjit into that than build a C front end from scratch.