[DotGNU]TextBox

From: Neil Cawse
Subject: [DotGNU]TextBox
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:10:24 -0400

Just to let you guys know the progress. Textbox is being "fixed" but its
hard!! But im working through it.
The changes:
Rewrote Graphics.DrawString and MeasureString. No temporary data.
Faster. Handles almost all the formatting flags except RightToLeft. As
usual more efficient but double the code size.
Changed TextBox to work using character array instead of strings
(important for editing large strings).
Wrote a custom version of MeasureString for TextBox that measures by
line instead of character. Done custom textbox drawing, including
selection start and end.
Currently rewriting TextBox to use the new classes (hard!!)

There is still an issue with MeasureString when using Xft that I havnt
seen on Fedora, but Rich is taking a look at.

Also while Im at it - Ive partially implemented support for 32bit RBG's
in DotGNU.Images for Leppie. Ive added in all the remaining conversions
for different bit depths - so they are complete and fixed bugs. I still
need to write the code when copying alpha RGB's to combine the colors
and add support into the Win32.

Rhys is alpha blend support possible with Xsharp? Maybe by grabbing the
screen underneath the image we are blitting, combining and then writing
back?

Regards
Neil