Re: [DotGNU] IDE for dotnet on linux

From: Marc Haisenko
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] IDE for dotnet on linux
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:54:54 +0200

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 08:24, Marcus wrote:
> I just do not understand the fuss about IDEs. I've tried MS Visual Studio,
> and I just don't understand why people would want to use such an
> environment for development.

I agree completely. The only nice thing is auto completion and those popups
where you can navigate a class or argument list (but then, vim can do auto
completion as well and code insight support is in development). I'd like to
cite an old saying:

"Fast, fat computers breed slow, lazy programmers."

Midnight Commander, make, vim and a compiler is all you need (and we can
discuss about the need for mc ;-)

But I fear that most programmers today are so used to adapt to their tools
(IDE's) instead of adapting their tools to their need that they don't know
any better.

God, I'm only 26 but think I sound like an old fart already :-(

--
Marc Haisenko
http://darkdust.net