Re: [Pnet-developers] Dynamic Typing in IL for scripting languages?

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Dynamic Typing in IL for scripting languages?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:28:26 +1100

On 27-Mar-2003, minddog <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well JScript uses Reflection AFAIK and for something like GHP, it needs to be
> fast as its counterpart(speed isn't the first concern, but if I can avoid
> this problem now by not using Reflection, I will).  Does Mercury also use
> Reflection?

The current Mercury implementation uses Reflection to implement some of
the procedures in the Mercury standard library.  But the code generated
by the Mercury compiler doesn't use Reflection.  It uses the System.Object
type and the "castclass" instruction.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit