[Pnet-developers] [Bug #2556] Constants to ObjectRefs for Attribute Argu

From: nobody
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2556] Constants to ObjectRefs for Attribute Arguments
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 12:58:05 -0400

=================== BUG #2556: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2556&group_id=353

Changes by: Gopal.V <address@hidden>
Date: Fri 05/02/2003 at 22:28 (Asia/Calcutta)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

I think I fixed this today ... but not 100% sure if this the best way to do
this . Also enum serialization is suspect (where do I find documentation of
this ?)

=================== BUG #2556: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: t3rmin4t0r              Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted on: Sat 02/15/2003 at 00:35
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  Fixed
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Closed

Original Submission:  What it seems to do is convert the enum into a
type-0x55 serialization value (IL_META_SERIALTYPE_ENUM), which we don't
currently handle properly.

If I'm understanding it correctly, type-0x55 represents an enum constant that
is converted into a boxed object at runtime, rather than a simple integer
enum value.

There are two things to be fixed: (a) recognise that it is OK to coerce a
constant to a reference type (ILTypeIsReference) in an attribute argument, as
long as regular type coercion says its OK; (b) fix the serialization code (in
multiple places) to handle reference types appropriately.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Fri 05/02/2003 at 22:28       By: t3rmin4t0r
I think I fixed this today ... but not 100% sure if this the best way to do
this . Also enum serialization is suspect (where do I find documentation of
this ?)

CC list is empty

File Attachments

Date: Sat 02/15/2003 at 00:35  Name: attr-enum.cs  Size: 0KB   By: t3rmin4t0r