Re: [Pnet-developers] Questions ?

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Questions ?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:34:08 +0100

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 22:30, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello friends pnet;
>
> I red your e-mail:
>                         help python with DGEE
>
> I have any questions.
> In the new version of dgee.
> Will we can work with Arrays()?

Yes

> The arrays what kind of types do it support ?

Arrays of any type

So you can have arrays of arrays
or arrays of structs
or structs of arrays of arrays of structs of strings and ints

> Will we work with arrays of arrays ?

Yes, anything.

> The server will can send and receive this arrays how ?

You create your 'object tree' and the xmlrpc serialiser/deserialiser does the
rest.

However, when you return from a webservice, you can only return one entity.
So if you want to return multiple values, you must return a struct or an
array.  A struct is better because the return parameters are 'named'  But you
can return an array of 'things' or a struct of 'things'

The things can be anything.

> This new version when is it aviable ?
> I'm impatient for this version. :)

> Thanks Nicolai for it.
> Thanks Chris Smith

We're all waiting for it :o)
The only hurdle (that I'm aware of) is to 'glue' it into the DGEE.  That is
straight forward.

Perhaps Nicolai can give us an estimate?

Chris "No pressure npg... none at al...:o)"