[Pnet-developers] [bug #4535] mscorlib value types being marked as regul

From: nobody
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4535] mscorlib value types being marked as regular classes
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:17:48 -0400

=================== BUG #4535: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4535&group_id=353

Submitted by: Rich333                 Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted on: Wed 07/30/03 at 14:17
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open

Original Submission:  The basic mscorlib value types (e.g. Int32, Char) are
being marked as regular classes when referenced from other assemblies. This is
causing things like initobj on these types to fail verification. Within
mscorlib they seem to be treated properly. You can see things like "box
class [mscorlib]System.Char" by "ildasm pnetlib/System/System.dll | grep
System.Char". The problem appears to be in the ILClass attributes for these
types. I printf'd the attribs for System.Char (at least, that's what the
classInfo's ILClassName said it was) in the INITOBJ case in verify_obj.c and it
came out as 0x2109. I'm not sure if the missing IL_META_TYPEDEF_SYSTEM_MASK
bits are a part of the problem, but I know the missing
IL_META_TYPEDEF_CLASS_SEMANTICS_MASK bits are.

Rich

No Followups Have Been Posted

CC list is empty

No files currently attached