[Pnet-developers] [bug #4703] Request for Feature [PNET][PNET/C][Superfl

From: nobody
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4703] Request for Feature [PNET][PNET/C][Superfluous/ambigious Error Messages]multiply defined emits multiple times the error
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:26:52 -0400

=================== BUG #4703: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4703&group_id=353

Submitted by: mdupont                 Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted on: Sun 08/10/2003 at 20:26
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open

Messages]multiply defined emits multiple times the error

Original Submission:  First of all, I am very impressed with pnet/C it is much
better now!

This not really a bug, but a request for more functionality.
"multiply defined" is being emitted many times like this :

exfile : multiply defined
stat : multiply defined
exfile : multiply defined
stat : multiply defined

Instead of saying where it is, or what the problem is occuring. It just gives a
huge list of the errors.

This occurs when I have a function  in the header file, and it is defined in
two files :
(grepped out of the source)
filea.o.il: .method public static int32 'stat'(int8 * '__path', valuetype
'struct stat' * '__statbuf') cil managed
flieb.i.o.il: .method public static int32 'stat'(int8 * '__path', valuetype
'struct stat' * '__statbuf') cil managed

No Followups Have Been Posted

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: