[Pnet-developers] ScrollBar suggestions

From: j_post
Subject: [Pnet-developers] ScrollBar suggestions
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:56:34 -0700

Hi all.
I've been off doing other stuff, so apologies if this is a bit dated, but I
just discovered that we now have scroll bars in System.Windows.Forms. Neat
stuff!

However, I have a few suggestions:

1) When a mouse button is held down on an adjustment, the scroll bar begins
automatic updates without any delay. The user has to click and release the
adjustor very quickly to avoid multiple adjustments. There should be a short
delay before automatic timer updates to the scroll bar begin.

2) The arrow key adjustments to scroll bars seem counter-intuitive to me.
Shouldn't the up arrow key cause the bar to move up instead of down? And
HScrollBar should respond to left/right arrow keys, not up/down arrow keys.

3) If the user clicks a mouse button within the scrollbar, and holds it down,
the automatic adjustment will not stop where the mouse cursor is, but will
continue all the way to the end. Seems to me it should stop where the mouse
cursor is, and allow dragging of the control if the mouse button is still
held down after that.

Is anyone now working on ScrollBar.cs?
If no one objects, I'd like to implement these modifications.

Jeff