RE: [Pnet-developers] SWF

From: Ram
Subject: RE: [Pnet-developers] SWF
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:54:22 +0530 (IST)

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Neil Cawse wrote:

> Thanks for the interest! We are all operating this pretty much informally -
its my pleasure :-D
> pick something, stub it out, get the very basics onto the cvs and build
> from there. If you are actively involved in an area, send to the mailing
> list and tell people. It wont guarantee that someone doesnt compete -
> but someone wont if you are making progress. Also - ASK QUESTIONS, we
> are here to help.  I would be really happy getting anyone started, and
> we dont want people stuck on things.
>
> I have approximately ranked each of the groups of work according to my
> valuation of importance.
> The ranking is based on pieces that need to be completed for other pieces and
> how quickly System.Windows.Forms will become real world useful. Don't take
> them completely as gospel though.
>
> I will add this to the Wiki. Anyone feel free to add/move around.
>
> http://wiki.dotgnu.org/SystemWindowsForms
>
> Toolkits : adding image support including icons. Rhys is working hard on
> this, images in X are v. trickey !
Since we u have mentioned the following here so are they part of it SWF
too?
> System.Drawing.Drawing2D : Linear Gradient Brush. Neil or someone else can
> add this in easily once images are done. This will allow some cool drawing
> effects.
> System.Drawing.Imaging : Images, jpg, png, gif, scaling, rotation,
> transforming. jpg, png, gif support is v. tricky. Rhys is working on this. We
> could use SWT code, move this across from Java. Something to consider. The
> only thing that is key for us to get going is bmp support (easiest)
> System.Drawing.Printing
> System.Drawing.Postscript
> Toolkits : Work on optimizing X
> System.Drawing.Regions : support Graphics paths
> System.Drawing.Graphics : Optimize Draw and Measure String to minimize X
> trips for speed
> System.Drawing.Graphics : Metafile support

I have few more queries like for System.IO(not part of SWF) we have lot of
details like which parts r complete and other things like method
summary,so if there is any site that have any info on current status of
SWF then pls let us know but if its not there then any other suggestion.
One last thing..can anyone explain whats the following pages are about
since it doesn't make much sense to me ..maybe because Iam new to wiki-
http://wiki.dotgnu.org/ListView
http://wiki.dotgnu.org/TrackBar
etc.. and the links on these pages like HelpTemplate ..etc
let me guess...are we suppose to update these in case we r working on one
of them?

bye

Ram

Don't relax!  It's only your tension that's holding you together.