[Pnet-developers] [bug #4694] Possible BUG [PNET][PNET/C] cannot declare

From: nobody
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4694] Possible BUG [PNET][PNET/C] cannot declare a function returning a function
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 20:01:05 -0400

=================== BUG #4694: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4694&group_id=353

Changes by: Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden>
Date: Fri 10/03/2003 at 00:01 (GMT)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Wont Fix
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Serious abuse of C syntax - it's a miracle that it works
in gcc.  It should be this:

int (*(*foo)(float* ,int (*) (float*)))(float*);

Unless an actual program can be identified that uses this
form of function declaration, I'll put this this in the
"too hard" basket for now.

=================== BUG #4694: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: mdupont                 Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted on: Sun 08/10/2003 at 07:11
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  Wont Fix
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Closed

function

Original Submission:  This might not be a bug at all, because it is not meant
to be supported,I dont know. Here is some valid c code that does not compile by
pnet/C.

//function_returning_a_function.c:1: cannot declare a function returning a
function
int (*foo(float* ,int (*) (float*)))(float*);

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Fri 10/03/2003 at 00:01       By: rweather
Serious abuse of C syntax - it's a miracle that it works
in gcc.  It should be this:

int (*(*foo)(float* ,int (*) (float*)))(float*);

Unless an actual program can be identified that uses this
form of function declaration, I'll put this this in the
"too hard" basket for now.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: