Re: [Pnet-developers] Building Portable DotNet

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Building Portable DotNet
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:15:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bill,

> Is there nothing else to do other than build/install
>
> treecc
> pnet
> pnetlib

You could maybe build and install pnetC which is
the C library for the Managed C compiler included
(yes.. of course cscc does compile C#,C and VB.. from
the same command...)

> I ask because I see other directories - plus the
> fact that the samples that use HTTP (and especially
> sslfetch) do not work.

sslfetch requires OpenSSL to be installed and
I think you need the openssl-dev package as well.

> cscctest

regression tests for the compiler

> ml-pnet

Ways to build ADO.net (and many other little things)
support for Pnet... if you did get the 0.6.0 release
tarballs .. then building ml-pnet is easy. I would
advise you to use ml-pnet from the release tarballs
as the CVS module contains only the build files
and no source files (providers also included
like NPgsql..).

> pnetC

C library for .NET ... 100% managed .. maybe
printf("Hello World"); will work :)

Hope it helps,
Gopal

PS:insecurity.org ? ... we need you for testing :)