Re: [Pnet-developers] Platform Independent Directory Separators

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Platform Independent Directory Separators
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:54:36 -0800 (PST)

> >XHello.cs is a good candidate.

No it's not ... because it does not use DotGNU.Images
at all as you can see from the  stack trace :) ...

> I am testing code generated and COMPILED on WinXP
> source and executed on Solaris 9 Ultrasparc.

You could try changing the image file path in the
FormsTest thingy and try that again ?...

> Do DOS/Non-Unix paths get translated by the ilrun
> system on the execution platform or must that be
> accounted for during coding and compiling on the
> source platform?

Hmm..... to quote:

"""
The System.IO.Path.DirectorySeparatorChar and
System.IO.Path.AltDirectorySeparatorChar store
implementation-defined directory separator characters
.
"""

I think that "/" does work on .NET

Gopal