[Pnet-developers] Lots of changes to pnet and pnetlib

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Lots of changes to pnet and pnetlib
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:23:57 +1000

Hi all,

There have been lots of changes to the build systems of pnet and pnetlib
lately, with more to come.  Because of this, you may get breakages due to
mismatched pnet and pnetlib builds.

I recommend doing the following each day on both pnet and pnetlib to keep in
sync with what is happening in the CVS tree:

    make distclean
    ./auto_gen.sh
    ./configure
    make

The heartache is likely to continue for a few more days.  Sorry.  The end
result will be much better than the system we have now.

In the meantime, please e-mail me directly or ask for help on #dotgnu if the
above sequence doesn't fix your problem rather than logging a bug in
Savannah.  Savannah shouldn't be used for logging transient build issues,
because they aren't "bugs" so much as "operator error" in most cases.

Cheers,

Rhys.