[Pnet-developers] [bugs #8208] #endregion tokenisation not compatible wi

From: Russell Stuart
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #8208] #endregion tokenisation not compatible with VS

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #8208] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Russell Stuart <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Fri 05/07/04 at 17:55 (Australia/Brisbane)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed

patch applied.

[bugs #8208] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Russell Stuart
On: Fri 03/19/04 at 13:53

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  Fixed
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  This code compiles under VS without errors or warnings.
It does not compile under VS.

class X {
  #region
  #endregion;
}

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Fri 05/07/04 at 17:55         By: rstuart
patch applied.

Date: Fri 04/02/04 at 08:07         By: rstuart
This patch makes cscc give errors on the same lines as csc, although the
messages are different.

Date: Wed 03/24/04 at 02:42         By: rstuart
Re VS ignoring everything after the #endregion - so does PNet.  Its just the ;
that confuses it.  Hence the bug title - I suspect the tokenisation of the #
directives is at fault - it is including the ';' in the #endregion token.  If
it regarded the ; as a separate token all would be OK.

Date: Tue 03/23/04 at 17:23         By: None
#region int  asd ljasljd ljasljd ljasdlj jkahsf lakhsdfl
#endregion int asjhdkahsd ksakd kasd laskjd las

it appears the VS compiler ignores everything after the directive to line end
as the snippet above is valid.

Date: Sat 03/20/04 at 02:14         By: rstuart
The comments I added to the other bug apply equally well here.  Sorry for the
repetition ...

The code containing construct this _does_ compile under VS.  I have verified
this.  I have a copy of VS. Before submitting the bug I put the example given
in a file called x.cs, and compiled it.  I did not pass the compiler any
special switches.  As the original buig report says, VS did not give any errors
or warnings.

I am reporting this because I am in the process of porting NUnit to PNet.
NUnit was obviously developed under VS.  It contains a more complex version of
the code submitted.

Its not really about being technically right or wrong.  Its about being
compatible with MS's implementation of C#.  I don't know if that is one of
PNet's goals, but I thought I would submit it anyway.  If it is not one I
PNet's goals I can always submit a patch to NUnit.

Let me know what the decision is.

Date: Fri 03/19/04 at 16:30         By: t3rmin4t0r
#endregion;

Extra semicolon ?