[Pnet-developers] What debugging tools are available for pnet apps and u

From: David Logan
Subject: [Pnet-developers] What debugging tools are available for pnet apps and underlying framework?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:22:28 -0600

Thanks for the bug link. Very useful. I also discovered that a couple of bugs I had were my bugs and not framework bugs. Bummer :) But, on the bright side, I still have a couple that I know will be framework bugs.

My question is: Are there debugging tools past System.Console.WriteLine()? I have a couple of bugs in menu code (and window code reserving space for menus I think), but I would rather try to get closer to the bug rather than post a "Here is what I get on my screen, good luck" bug.

David Logan

As an aside, the preliminary bugs that I have insufficient information for, that I would like to research more, are: 1) MDI main window: The dropdown menu often comes up in the wrong spot, often nowhere close to the point of click nor the menu item clicked on. 2) MDI main window: The dropdown menu doesn't go away before the Clicked() event handler is called. It does in the Windows (M$) framework. 3) Single window: I copied a simple Hello World app from somewhere that moved "Hello World" across the window. When it issued a Graphics.DrawString with y=0, only the bottom few pixels moved. I had to make y=15 to make the entire string move. It seems y pixels (rows) 0-14 are reserved somehow.