Re: [Pnet-developers] Patch 3058 Nested try/catch

From: Rich Baumann
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Patch 3058 Nested try/catch
Date: 14 May 2004 13:50:46 -0400

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 07:34, Jonas Printzen wrote:
> I have submitted a patch to repair broken generation of nested try/catch
> handling.

I've also submitted a fix to the savannah patch tracker for this bug. My
patch (#3062) is a complete rewrite of the exception table generation
code in OutputExceptionTable. I don't know how to handle verification
error cases there, so where those should be have been marked with TODO
comments. My fix uses an O(n^2) GAMMA(n) algorithm but the average
should be somewhere in the middle because I optimized for the case where
handlers cover the same try block. Although I could've committed it, I
think it's better that it be peer reviewed along with Jonas' patch, so
only the best solution gets into cvs.

Rich