[Pnet-developers] Re: FW: vs project

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Re: FW: vs project
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:40:43 +1000

On Saturday 24 July 2004 08:21 am, Neil Cawse wrote:
> It's a real pity you can't compromise; you might get more out of
> people...

I have compromised.  If I had my way, we would not support VS at all.  Writing
a csproj-generating tool is the compromise between "No VS" and "Impossible to
maintain tree of manual files".

As the primary GNU maintainer, I do sometimes have to make decisions for the
greater good of the project.  Sometimes this means rejecting a proposal on
the grounds that it will be more trouble than it is worth.  I do try to only
exercise this authority when it is absolutely essential.  See the "Cleaning
Up Changes" section of the GNU Maintainer's guide for more information:

    http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_11.html#SEC11

Cheers,

Rhys.