[Pnet-developers] pnet on Debian

From: Russell Stuart
Subject: [Pnet-developers] pnet on Debian
Date: 28 Jul 2004 12:04:12 +1000

I have been meaning to bring this up at a weekly IRC meeting,
but have not been made to do so because of family commitments.

With the release of sarge coming up, I notice that PNet is still
in the "New Packages being worked on" category - ie not officially
part of Debian.
  http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/being_packaged

It been in this state for almost 3 years.  The last sign of
activity I an see about it was over a year ago.

For purely selfish reasons I would like to see PNet included in
the up and coming release of Sarge.  I am prepared to do
whatever work is required to make the debian package acceptable
for inclusion.  I have ported / created about 50 debian packages
of my own so far, so this shouldn't be too hard for me.

The one thing that is holding me up is that I am not a "Debian
Developer", and have no idea how to get a package included in
Debian.  From what I can tell, it takes a while to be accepted
as a developer.

Have anybody got hints / suggestions on how to move forward?

--
Russell

The colour is black, the material is leather, the seduction is beauty,
the justification is honesty, the aim is ecstasy, the fantasy is death.
  -- Susan Sontag