[Pnet-developers] Cross-platform.NET

From: Jason King
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Cross-platform.NET
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:12:18 +0100

Hello PNET developers.

The time has finally arrived, our book, Cross-Platform.NET, has just been published.  We couldn't have done it without all the PNET contributors who have helped make PNET what it is today, and who have helped answer our bothersome questions over the past year.

The book is all about .NET technology using any combination of Microsoft, PNET or Mono .NET implementations, and features all sorts of useful information about compatible namespaces, design patterns for cross-platform architecture, PInvoke, interop, GUI options, automated testing and building - in short, all sorts of useful stuff for hobby and professional coder alike.

We would love you to take a few minutes to look at our site (where there is a more detailed chapter breakdown), and hopefully you will feel inclined to read the book too.  Should you wish to contribute to the website's content in any way, please please do get in touch.  We are particularly keen to post news about / from anyone involved in the Cocoa wrapper project.   We have space for articles, news and we are aiming to put together a book review section.  If you can contribute anything at all (perhaps a book review?), it would be great to have your material hosted on our site.  If you can think of anyway to publicise our works (and thus yours too), please let us know and take whatever steps you feel appropriate.

Regards,
Jason King
Co-Author, "Cross-Platform .NET Development: Using Mono, Portable.NET, and Microsoft .NET"
(Apress, 2004, ISBN: 1-59059-330-8)
http://www.cross-platform.net