[Pnet-developers] Porting work remaining question

From: Peter Colson
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Porting work remaining question
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:32:37 +1000

I'm trying to determine if I'm at a point to expect the hello.exe sample to work or if there are more basic (obvious) porting steps to be done that I've missed.

So far I've:
   -  tuned il_config.h to the platform,
- made sure the various SIZEOF_* data type sizes are correct (in particular SIZEOF_VOID_P 8),
   - il_types.h is using ILNativeUInt (not long) in it's macros,
- provided a platform-specific spawn (is this even required by the sample?)

There is no libffi (HAVE_LIBFFI off) or libgc and I'm using no threads at this point.

There have been minor code changes (no trailing commas in enums, some argument casting that has been required, i.e., ILInterlockedIncrement param cast to ILInt32*) plus others, but I'm more interested at this point in obvious things I may not even have considered yet.

I've turned on IL_CVM_DUMP and when running 'ilrun hello.exe' there seems to be a reasonable amount of output. I'm curious if someone familiar with this information can determine if things are indeed progressing correctly, or if I'm really only seeing interpreter initialisation and it really hasn't got into the guts of the sample:

Regards,
Peter Colson.