[Pnet-developers] re: [DotGNU] Memory usage on an embedded system

From: Gopal V
Subject: [Pnet-developers] re: [DotGNU] Memory usage on an embedded system
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've fixed the build issues with the kernel-fp pnetlib
builds , so that the latest CVS builds with a minimal
but usable build.

See http://t3.dotgnu.info/code/mem.png for a memory
profile of ilrun in kernel-fp *without* a GC for
evenodd.exe from pnet/samples .

I had to make a few changes to the thin-locks to make
it work. I move the GetObjectLockWordPtr out of the
locked code to prevent a dead lock. (tum: is that
correct ?).

A stripped ilrun is now 451k and gzip compresses
that to around 200k (should fit on flash nicely).
Now I am going to proceed porting pnet to uClibc to
see if it goes any lower :)

Gopal