[Pnet-developers] [bugs #11121] false error : "incompatible types in ass

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #11121] false error : "incompatible types in assignment" for assigning function pointers

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #11121] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                James Michael DuPont <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Wed 11/24/2004 at 21:02 (Europe/Berlin)

This is being caused by c_oper.tc:1758:
CCErrorOnLine(yygetfilename(node), yygetlinenum(node),"incompatible types in
assignment");

Converting it into an Warning does not solve the problem, because the types and
methods are not being exported for the function pointers.

l_struct_2E_interpreter : unresolved type reference
void * * (*)(int) Perl_Gsigfpe_saved_ptr(l_struct_2E_interpreter *) :
unresolved method reference

So, I would say that this looks like an interesting problem to look into. I
will see how much time I can find to devote to it, but I dont need this for vcg
dot gnu, so I will put it on low priority for now.

[bugs #11121] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: James Michael DuPont
On: Wed 11/24/2004 at 20:31

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  None
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  None

function pointers

Original Submission:  Yes, I will be looking into fixing this myself. Just not
today.
TESTCASE produces ://test4.c:7: incompatible types in assignment
struct l_struct_2E_interpreter;
void  (**Perl_Gsigfpe_saved_ptr(struct l_struct_2E_interpreter *)) (int );

int main ()
{
  void  (**l73_tmp_2E_0) (int );
  l73_tmp_2E_0 = Perl_Gsigfpe_saved_ptr( ((struct l_struct_2E_interpreter
*)0));//test4.c:7: incompatible types in assignment
}

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Wed 11/24/2004 at 21:02       By: James Michael DuPont <mdupont>

This is being caused by c_oper.tc:1758:
CCErrorOnLine(yygetfilename(node), yygetlinenum(node),"incompatible types in
assignment");

Converting it into an Warning does not solve the problem, because the types and
methods are not being exported for the function pointers.

l_struct_2E_interpreter : unresolved type reference
void * * (*)(int) Perl_Gsigfpe_saved_ptr(l_struct_2E_interpreter *) :
unresolved method reference

So, I would say that this looks like an interesting problem to look into. I
will see how much time I can find to devote to it, but I dont need this for vcg
dot gnu, so I will put it on low priority for now.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=11121>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/