Re: [Pnet-developers] Problem on building pnet-0.6.10 on AIX 5.1

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Problem on building pnet-0.6.10 on AIX 5.1
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:59:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

> Maybe you have also a good advice for this problem?
>
> /home/cic/frankg/bin/cscc: The parameter or
> environment lists are too long.

We don't have support for response files on *nix (do
we ?)
Btw, we need it for FreeBSD as well (for ml-pnet).
When do I get the patches for this ? (support/spawn.c,
look at the win32 stuff).

Of course, you could just pull the binaries for
mscorlib.dll/I18n*.dll out from Linux (or the win32
package) and use them directly.Also I suppose you are
using "gmake", aren't you ?.

Also google found this link :)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.aix.doc/aixbman/prftungd/2365a82.htm

"""
* ncargs
Purpose: Specifies the maximum allowable size of the
ARG/ENV list (in 4KB blocks) when running exec()
subroutines.
Values: Default: 6; Range: 6 to 1024
Display: lsattr -E -l sys0 -a ncargs
Change: chdev -l sys0 -a ncargs=NewValue
Change takes effect immediately and is preserved over
boot.
"""

HTH,
GopalPS: I will be away from coding for quite some
time,
but I'm still around.. :)